Yes! It's true - many homes have streaks on their roofs! Ditch the streaks on your home's roof today by protecting your home’s curb appeal with the Owens Corning StreakGuard™ Algae Resistance Protection built directly into the roofing shingle!
Owens Corning blends copper-lined granules into our colorful granules, which help resist algae growth.
Algae species are naturally occurring and transported through the air to attach themselves to roofing shingles and other surfaces on your home. While algae growth can cause brown or black streaks on roofs, it does not impact the performance of your roofing shingles. Streaks caused by algae growth are more common in warm, humid climates but can occur in all regions of the country like in Ohio and Michigan. Owens Corning has continued to advance their algae resistance protection based on over 30 years of testing and experience. Shingles with StreakGuard™ Algae Resistance Protection can help inhibit the growth of blue-green algae*.
Owens Corning Shingles with StreakGuard™ Algae Resistant Protection:
- Are supported by the #1 Trusted Brand in Roofing†
- Helps inhibit the growth of algae* to keep your home beautiful
- Gives homeowner peace-of-mind based on decades of Owens Corning testing and experience with algae resistance protection
- Is available on a wide variety of shingle styles and colors— ask 4 Guys And A Roof for specifics
- Has a limited 10-year warranty*
*See actual warranty for details, limitations and requirements
†2016 Roofing Homeowner Brand Awareness Survey by Owens Corning Roofing and Asphalt, LLC.